This is the official recipe for Windjammer Barefoot Cruises Rum Swizzles
Windjammer Rum Swizzles
Submitted By Judy Nicholls
151 Proof Trinidadian Rum (Aged in an oak barrel aboard a tall ship until it is certifiably 200 Proof)
Freshest of fruit juices available (You may substitute to taste);
Orange, Pineapple, Guava, Cranberry, & Grapefruit
Calypso music (Steel band or Reggae) or Jimmy Buffet
A Tall Ship (3 or 4 masted barquentine or schooner)
- Start with the rum. Pour some into a pitcher, bucket, or barrel (as
you see fit. Pour as much or as little as you want. Follow this chart
- A little rum - Party.
- A little more rum - PARTY!
- A whole bunch of rum - PAAAAAAARRRTTYYYY!!!!!!!!!
- Add the fruit juice. The selection and quantity is up to you*.
Orange and Pineapple usually make the best base so start with these. Add
some Cranberry and/or Guava to take off the edge. Grapefruit juice will
add a little bitterness.
*If you use enough rum, the flavor will not matter because
after one or
two, you won't really taste anything anyway.
- Add some Grenadine Syrup for sweetness and color.
- Add some lime juice to soften the hangover.
- Hire a steel band or turn up the Jimmy Buffet tunes.
- For the full effect of this wholesome beverage, it should be consumed
aboard the deck of a Windjammer Tall Ship in the Caribbean.
© 1995-2005 Sealetter Travel Inc
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please