Home   Cruise, Port and Shore Excursion Reviews   Features   Forums   News   Humor  Quizzes   Links

Cruise Ship Review
Royal Caribbean International

Splendour of the Seas

by Steve J. Garrod

Splendour of the Seas

As there are many reviews available of the Splendour of the Seas herself, I have kept a review of the ship itself to a minimum, and accentuated other aspects of the journey. In preface, I spent one week in Berlin, Germany prior to the cruise and flew into Barcelona one night before the voyage to enjoy some of the city. I highly recommend at least one overnight stay in beautiful Barcelona to see the city as well as reduce jet lag. This will allow you to begin enjoying the ship and her activities right from the start. For my review, I'll detail the journey day-by-day, including shore excursions and port information.


Barcelona is a fantastic city to explore on one's own or as part of an organized tour. There is so much to see that a couple of days barely does justice. I stayed at the Hotel Majestic on the Passeig de Grácia, being very near to the shopping mecca of Las Ramblas. This is a very beautiful hotel with a clean marble décor and a bright atmosphere. After a day of touring on my own, by about 11:00 on the morning of the cruise, I was in a taxi on the way to the port facilities.

Day 1 – Barcelona & Embarkation

As of this publication, the port facilities are under heavy renovation and there is a lot of industry around the pier. After driving through most of this, the beautiful Splendour of the Seas came into view. As I walked into the terminal building, I was about the 20th person in line before embarkation had even begun. Check-in was very smooth, as identification cards are distributed right at the counter and they serve as both your onboard credit card and your stateroom key. Embarkation took place on the Deck One gangway, so I took the lift up to my stateroom, 6568, just off of the Centrum. The stateroom was very well maintained and very clean. This category offers two lower beds, a vanity/desk, sofa, and table. I requested that the two beds be combined into a larger bed since I was traveling solo. My stateroom attendant, Roger, was one of the best I have experienced in my years of cruising!

For the rest of the embarkation afternoon, I enjoyed the "Welcome Aboard" buffet in the Windjammer Café, explored the ship, and met up with staff whom I had immediately recognized around the ship. In exploring the Splendour of the Seas, I decided that this is by far one of the most beautiful ships that I have been on. I have always loved the Rhapsody, Vision, and Enchantment of the Seas, but the Splendour pars up – if not exceeds – the others in design.

Steve J GarrodAfter thoroughly exploring the ship, I took a small nap until the mandatory lifeboat mustering. We discovered that we would be sailing late at 7:00 p.m. due to flight delays. I decided to skip dinner in the King and I Dining Room and watch us sail away from Barcelona. So I partook of the casual dining offered in the Windjammer Café. Here, there is either an abbreviated dining room menu or a buffet-style meal. We sailed out at exactly 7:00 p.m., directly following Thompson Cruises' Topaz.

There was a single-seating show in the 42nd Street Theatre. This was done because there were many guests not attending due to having just flown in that day. During the show we met cruise director Parker Cristan and witnessed the talent of the "Gentleman Juggler" Kriztian Kristoff. After the show I headed up to the Top Hat Lounge and enjoyed my usual white wine with some guests at the bar whom I would socialize with throughout the voyage, including bar server Stefan. The show band, Atlantis, performed there in the evenings between organized cruise staff activities. Even later was an "Anchors Aweigh" party in the Viking Crown Lounge and "Dancing through the Years" with d.j. Ricco. Overall, the ship's atmosphere remained quiet because of all of the early sleepers that evening.

Day 2 – Marseilles, France

No time was to be wasted getting out and seeing the beautiful country of France! I woke up to see us pulling alongside the port with a sunny day ahead of us. Marseilles is a beautiful port city and also the second largest city in France after Paris. This day I took part in the shore excursion "Les Baux." On this tour, there is so much to see in terms of the beautiful provincial countryside and quaint villages. Our first stop was St. Remy en Provence to view the beautiful stone figures named "Les Antiques." We proceeded in our coach for a beautiful photo stop at the wine caves of Sarragon. Marie, our guide, encouraged us to not go into the caves, as we'd never be able to return back on our own two feet! After this stop it was time to proceed to the focus of the excursion: we arrived at Les Baux and then had plenty of time to explore this beautiful, quaint village on our own. There are many small shops, cafés, and breathtaking views to indulge in. The bus then took us back to the ship in Marseilles, a ride of about 45 minutes.

That evening was my first appearance in the King and I Dining Room and I met our waiter Ismail and assistant waiter Stefan. I also met the five others who shared the table and made the dining experience so interesting, yet wonderful! In contrast to what the typical 7-night cruises offer in terms of theme nights, the King and I provided a variety of European continental selections, changing each evening. The two-level, glass-walled dining room also provides spectacular views of sailing from port. I was fortunate enough to have a table directly next to the window on the main level.


This evening's entertainment was Shirley Harmer and Beni Mason. The cruise staff activity in the Top Hat Lounge was Bim Bam Boom – a team activity which pays off if you "think like your fellow passengers." There was some ship's movement that evening in the seas but the rest of the voyage was like sailing on glass!

Day 3 – Livorno, Italy

On this morning we docked bright and early in the port and industrial area of Livorno, the gateway for the city that most guests elected to see – Florence! I took part in the "Taste of Florence" excursion. The tour started with an hour-plus ride into Florence with a stop at an AutoGrill for a restroom break. The AutoGrills are multi-purpose oases that offer shops, restaurants, fuel, and another amenities.

When we reached Florence, our bus tour guide turned the show over to Paola who would take us through Florence itself. Paola was one of the very best tour guides that I experienced on this cruise. She was friendly, personable, and had a true zest for the material she spoke of. We had about two hours of guided information throughout the city. We were told the history and culture of many places, such as one of the most important sites in Florence – the Piazza di Santa Croce. The Church of Santa Croce houses the tomb of Michelangelo and is representative of Gothic styles of the 16th century reformation and counter-reformation periods.

We then had several hours to proceed off on our own. I walked along the Arno River to find a nice local restaurant to have lunch. The rest of my time was spent back-tracking the tour information and indulging in a local gelati. One word of caution in any city in Europe: do not assume that restrooms are readily available! In fact, I found Florence to be one of the most difficult. When one does find one, there may be a fee of at least 1,000 Lire. After our free time, we met back at the Piazza di Santa Croce and proceeded to our coach. Like with many of the tours, this ride back gave us the time for a well-deserved nap! For all of my tours, I either arrived back with just enough time to shower and dress for dinner or decide to eat in the Windjammer Café.

Top Hat LoungeThat night in the 42nd Street Theatre was singer/entertainer Domenick Allen with his multitude of musical abilities. The activity in the Top Hat Lounge was t.v./movie trivia which I found interesting, but only knew a couple of answers to! I truly enjoyed the Top Hat Lounge and believe that it is the most beautiful of the alternative lounges in the fleet. Where this lounge is normally an "aft lounge" on other RCI ships, the Top Hat is located forward just above the theatre. The same is true only for Legend of the Seas, with the Anchors Aweigh Lounge above the That's Entertainment! Theatre.

Day 4 – Naples, Italy

We arrived early into Naples and I went up to the Windjammer Café for an early breakfast. The Windjammer consistently delivered a great variety of items for an American style breakfast. It doesn't take long to discover that many products are brought aboard from Europe instead of the U.S.A. For instance, I noticed the majority of guests trying to figure out which of the milk cartons were non-fat, etc. This is obviously a more sensible approach for the company, versus "importing" from the U.S.A. This day, the tour for me was "The Gulf of Campania – with Three Sites." We met our guide, Giuseppe, and headed to our first attraction/washroom stop – a Cameo factory. Some did find some nice goods to purchase, but others just stretched their legs. We proceeded to the excavations of Pompeii to explore the fascinating and ingenious city that was once buried beneath thirty feet of ash.

Two-thirds of it is complete, but the rest is still being excavated. We explored and learned all about such sites as the Forum, food market, shops, and homes. Absolutely fascinating were the preserved bodies on display. There was no time to explore on our own, but the opportunities to buy souvenirs abounded.

We boarded our coach and headed for Sorrento, where the Saga Rose was at anchor in the harbour. Our stop there began with a full, authentic lunch at La Lanterna. This was a wonderful meal giving us the taste of authentic southern Italian cuisine. We had only 45 minutes to explore downtown Sorrento before walking to our hydrofoil water craft to the beautiful island of Capri. This walk down involved nearly 500 steps and sloping grades. The hydrofoil ride to Capri lasted nearly 45 minutes.

Upon arriving at the island, we took a trolley to A Capri at the top of a mountain for some of the most breathtaking views yet! Giuseppe gave us the choice to either stay in town or join him for a 25-minute walk to a lookout site. Most of us joined him and we had absolutely no regrets! An interesting fact is that absolutely no fuel-powered vehicles are allowed in the streets of the small town. After capturing some fantastic photos, we had the chance to walk back on our own and shop. We then took the trolley back to the hydrofoil and the hydrofoil back to the Splendour of the Seas in Naples. To say the least, I opted to casually prepare for dinner and eat in the Windjammer Café, where I saw two of my other tablemates. After eating, I witnessed a fantastic sailaway from Deck Ten. Locals watched us in awe from the pier and we saluted them back with the resonating ship's whistle. It was a great experience and definitely sent chills all over!

After sailaway I got my close-up seat for the Wave Revue Production of "The Beat Goes On" in the 42nd Street Theatre. This was a very energetic production guiding us through different styles of music and entertainment and the cast did a fantastic job, to say the least! That night in the Top Hat Lounge was the Country & Western hoedown including the legendary "Western Quest" adult scavenger hunt, hosted by cruise director Parker Cristan.

Day Five – At Sea

After having had several tour-intensive days, this day at sea was much anticipated! It was a great chance to sleep in, enjoy the sea, write postcards, and have plenty of time to read and write in my journal. This day brought the first formal night, with the captain's cocktail party. Since the first few days are busy with ports of call, the cocktail party is done on the first sea day and I found this to be a wonderful idea! I met up with some friends from around the ship to see the captain introduce his staff. The show for the evening was Brooks Aehron, a concert pianist. It was truly a fantastic show and he also performed an encore on the next sea day as a matinee. Photo opportunities abounded this evening for all who were interested in formal portraits – including myself! The entertainment in the Top Hat Lounge that evening was "Name That Tune." As with the other evenings, the fun continued in the Viking Crown Lounge, where I saw a much larger crowd than I had imagined for a Europe cruise!

Day Six – Venice, Italy (I)

On this day, the Splendour of the Seas docked at 10:00 a.m., but some of the best scenery was actually viewed before we docked. When arriving into Venice, it is very important to be on the top deck (or even the Promenade Deck, for that matter) at least an hour ahead of time. As the ship enters the Grand Canal, there is nothing but spectacular scenery to take in! One is able to look into the center of town and down the tiny waterways that make Venice so well-known. During our transit down the canal, the port specialist Graham McCrorie spoke over the public address system to inform everyone of what we were viewing on the outer decks. Shortly after docking, tours began to head off as well as the shuttle service for independent guests into the city. I caught a shuttle at approximately 11:00 a.m. and made it a day off on my own.

This is one of the most incredible cities to go off and "get lost" in. The journey begins at the Piazza San Marco and from there the water canals and bridge stake you all over the city if you let them! All of the images that one has of Venice come alive, such as gondolas, beautiful music, and museums.

Toward the end of the day I proceeded back to the tender dispatch area and lined up for the shuttle back to the Splendour of the Seas. This was a busy time (approximately 4:30 p.m.), as many guests were heading back to catch dinner. Dinner and shipboard life were very relaxed in that the ship remained docked overnight and many chose to come and go as they pleased. After dinner at 8:30 p.m. I headed down to the pier to catch my first organized excursion for Venice, the "Evening Gondola Serenade." What trip to Venice is complete without a gondola ride, right? This was a wonderful trip and I joined a family of three as we glided through the canals, enjoyed a singer with accordion, and spoke with our gondolier.

After the gondola ride, one had the choice of catching the express shuttle to the ship or enjoying the night life that Venice has to offer. I stayed in town for about thirty minutes to see the city by night and then elected to head back to the ship. The entertainment onboard the ship was limited on this evening as there were not many guests on board.

Day Seven – Venice, Italy (II)

Having had no morning excursions, I chose to wake up later on this day and casually have breakfast in the Windjammer Café and linger over coffee. My only shore excursion for the day was "The Masterpieces of Venice." I was highly anticipating this tour in order to get an alternate view of Italy – through the artwork creates the culture. All shore excursions are highly efficient and punctual. All tours meet in one of three locations: the Top Hat Lounge, 42nd Street Theatre, or on the pier shoreside. It is very difficult to not know exactly where and when your tour meets, but it does happen and tours are missed! For this one, we were lead to the pier and then into our coach for a walking tour of two sites.

Our first site was the Scuola San Marco and is one of the most important in terms of Renaissance art. Our tour guide Antonella did a fantastic job. After our first site, we proceeded through a quaint village on to the Basilica dei Frari, a gothic cathedral. We learned of many great artists, such as Giovanni Bellini and the details that created religious art. We had the opportunity to ask Antonella any questions that we had outside of the church before we caught our shuttle boats back to the ship. We were able to enjoy a beautiful ride down the Grand Canal and see locals in the windows of their residences before we passed the Peggy Guggenheim Museum.

Just as we had entered Venice with grand style, so would we leave! At approximately 6:00 PM the Splendour of the Seas glided astern and proceeded for the Grand Canal. I secured a spot on the port side aft section of Deck 10 with a friend of mine from the staff and had my camera in hand. We commanded the attention of all of the locals as the Splendour of the Seas was definitely the largest and most breathtaking sight they had seen sailing down the channel for some time. I took some of the same photos exiting Venice as I had done just a day before entering, but the difference in sunlight created a more unique perspective.

By 6:45 PM I headed to dinner to enjoy the rest of sailaway in the comfort of the dining room. I made sure to get to the 42nd Street Theatre very early that night for the performance of "Starstruck." I had seen "Starstruck" before on the Grandeur of the Seas, but that was in 1997 and I was eager to see it again. I recalled the main theme but seeing my friends performing it again was a nice treat. After the show, I headed up to the Top Hat Lounge where Stefan had my white wine ready without hesitation! The cruise staff activity in the lounge this evening was "Battle of the Sexes."

Day Eight – At Sea

Once again I thoroughly enjoyed a day at sea giving me the opportunity to stay out later the night before, relax, write in my journal, and view the shipboard events. As I sat in the Windjammer Café and imagined in my mind where we were sailing in terms of "the boot," I noticed that we were sailing quite slowly! Captain Grønhaug made an announcement shortly thereafter stating that we would halt for a couple of hours for a medical disembarkation. At around noon, we coasted off of an industrial area of Italy to lower a tender boat and take a guest ashore. It is always unfortunate to see a medical disembarkation, but it is good to know that safety is usually never too far away.

The rest of the day was very pleasant, even though the Boutiques of Centrum and the casino closed due to our proximity to the shoreline. Pianist Brooks Aehron performed an encore "Classics for your Pleasure" in the 42nd Street Theatre at noon for guests who wanted to see him perform again.

That evening was the second formal night and, once again, there were many opportunities for great photo taking and enjoying everyone in their formal wear – well, almost everyone! I do enjoy casual evenings, but I never miss the opportunity to dress up and enjoy the formal atmosphere that a ship has to offer. Just before dinner this evening at 6:00 PM we passed the active volcanic island of Stromboli. Many of us were gathered on deck to catch a glimpse of it and take some photos. We could see the smoke pouring from the top and also quite a few houses along the side. The entertainment for this evening was Ms. Judy Kolba, a singer/comedienne. She was fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed the show, hoping that she would have an encore! The scheduled activity in the Top Hat Lounge was "Call My Bluff," otherwise known as "The Liar's Club" on some other ships. The action continued in the Viking Crown Lounge with "Disco Inferno," including the cruise director and staff performing as the Village People.

Day Nine – Messina, Sicily

On this day we arrived at Messina at approximately 8:00 a.m. Today I planned to meet up with several staff members and we organized a bus ride to Taormina. Before I had left for my trip, I was told that Taormina was definitely to be seen, so I did not want to miss out. There was a crew and staff lifeboat drill at 10:00 a.m., so I had breakfast and coffee through that before we were to meet at 11:00 a.m. on the pier. We boarded our bus and the ride took approximately an hour through the scenic hills and roads into Taormina. We all decided to eat lunch at a street side café right in the center of town, which was delightful. At that point we all had different intentions of what we wanted to get out of Taormina, so we set a time to meet.

From the center of town I proceeded to find the Greek Theatre that Taormina is famous for. There is a small fee to enter on one's own but it is completely worth it. It is very easy to walk around on your own and take some wonderful photos. On the day that I was there, it was a bit difficult to experience the sight of Mt. Etna but I understand that it is much easier on other days. After walking throughout the theatre, I walked through the small streets of Taormina itself to see what local goods I could find. I took some photos of the ship before walking back aboard, as I realized that this could be one of the last days to get easily-accessible views of the ship.

We departed relatively early (4:00 PM) and it was quite windy and warm up on Deck Ten. The night's suggested attire was "smart casual," so many either dressed more formally or just casual. The show in the 42nd Stret Theater was "the physical comedy" of Yacov Noy, who was only moderately funny. A wonderful accent for the evening took place in the Top Hat Lounge afterward with the Splendour Orchestra and their "Big Band Swing Party." It was a refreshing change-of-pace and really struck a chord with many guests on board. It wasn't too much of a late night out in the anticipation of a big day in Rome the following day.

Day Ten – Civitavecchia, Italy

Our arrival into Civitavecchia was quite early and many tours left before 8:00 a.m. My scheduled tour was to depart at 7:30 a.m., so I elected to have breakfast in the King and I Dining Room along with many others due to the early departure of the most popular excursions. My tour for today was "Imperial Rome," and was slated to last ten-and-a-half hours. We met our guide Giovanni on the bus and he was very humourous and personable, especially for the early hour! We made the obligatory restroom stop at the AutoGrill and then re-boarded the coach for the journey to Rome. Upon reaching Rome we could already see many crowds and we could tell that it would be a warm day. There is a long stretch of walking between all of the sites in Rome and some couples elected to sit out at a café and meet up later.

The first stop was the St. Peter in Chains Basilica, where the underlying meaning comes from the pope healing an upset woman by touching her with the chains of St. Peter. There is beautiful artwork in the interior to depict this scene along with the Moses statue, an original piece by Michelangelo. After leaving the church we walked about twenty minutes to the Forum for a narration of the political parties that once dominated this area and ironically, that day, there was a strike of some sort going on nearby and the voices resonated throughout. There were many beautiful opportunities for photo taking, including the Triumphal Arch of Titus. A short walk further brought us to the Colosseum at Piazzale del Colosseo – the famous structure best known as the arena of games and gladiators. We received a brief narration about the Colosseum and then we had free-time to explore and take photos.

After being satisfied with lunch, we re-boarded our coach to head to the Vatican City. I was quite excited, as I have learned so much about this area but have never seen it. We were dropped off just adjacent to St. Peter's Basilica and then were given about two hours of free time. I elected to head right over to the Vatican Museum which houses eight museums, five galleries, and the Sistine Chapel. After a nominal fee, one has open access to browse through all of the areas even though photography is prohibited in many. I proceeded through the Vatican Museum and approached the Sistine Chapel, which was a beautiful and a unique experience. As you enter, the sheer size and beauty take your breath away and guards cover the area to ensure silence.

Unfortunately, there was not enough time to completely cover both the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica, so many chose one or the other to make part of their day. We didn't arrive back to Splendour of the Seas until about 6:45 PM which made our tour nearly twelve hours long! (We had been delayed in returning.) To say the least, I opted to dine casually in the Windjammer Café after showering and dressing for the night's casual theme. The "Spotlight Showtime" in the 42nd Street Theatre featured Gary Lovini, and international violinist. This was a truly spectacular show and I had the honour to meet up and have drinks with him the next evening, as well! In the Top Hat Lounge that evening was the "Not So Newlywed" game show with the cruise director and staff. After the show was a late night cabaret show with the cruise director and the Splendour big band.

Day Eleven – Villefranche, France

At approximately 7:00 a.m., the Splendour of the Seas dropped anchor off of the coast of Villefranche, uner partly cloudy skies. That cleared up very quickly, though, and the rest of the day proved to be beautiful. Shore excursion guests had priority, of course, to disembark the ship and independent guests could leave the ship by means of tender tickets. After having a casual breakfast I met up with my tour group for the day, "Nice and Eze." We departed the Top Hat Lounge and proceeded to our tender where the ride over was smooth and easy. Villefranche itself is a small, coastal town in the heart of the French Riviera, but is the gateway to spectacular cities such as Cannes, Nice, Monte Carlo, and Monaco. To get there, one travels along breathtaking routes called the Lower, Middle, or Grand Corniche. These are narrow, winding roads that never lack for incredible scenery.

Our first stop was at a beautiful church of a Russian theme. We really only had a few minutes to catch a photo of the church and walk up and read about it. We boarded our coach to proceed to Nice. We stepped off of the coach in the center of the city of Nice and walked through a fresh flower, fruit, and vegetable market. We had approximately an hour to explore. We made several photo opportunity stops along the way out and spotted the homes of Tina Turner and Elton John high in the mountains. The drive from Nice to Eze was definitely one of the most beautiful that I've experienced – next to the Amalfi Drive.

The coach dropped us off just outside of the entrance to Eze and we walked up the sloping streets to explore the town. There are many beautiful shops and cafés to explore and purchase local treasures from. We met up with our coach to head back into Villefranche where we could stay in town or catch a tender back to the Splendour of the Seas.

That evening was our last formal evening and provided many beautiful photo opportunities, both indoors and outside on deck. From the dining room, there appeared to be a beautiful sunset outside so I decided to stroll on Deck Ten with my camera. I was happy that I did, as it was a gorgeous evening with very little wind and many beautiful seascape views. The Splendour of the Seas did not set sail until 10:00 PM, giving guests an extra opportunity to spend time in beautiful Villefranche. The entertainment for the evening was "the golden voice" of Hal Frazier whom I have seen on many occasions on the ships in the fleet. In the Top Hat Lounge was the "Name That Tune" championship that was quite popular among the guests. Also very popular was the dance music that followed, featuring the Centrum Trio and members of the Splendour Big Band.

Day Twelve – At Sea

It was wonderful to have a sea day just before disembarkation day for a number of reasons. I enjoyed the opportunity to reflect on the wonderful days that we had throughout the voyage and, most importantly, pack throughout the day. I certainly did not want to waste my final evening aboard packing, so I had that done well before dinner so that my evening was free for enjoying time with some good friends. During the day were some of the typical final sea day activities such as the final art auction, the guest talent show, and the "Splendour Derby" horse racing poolside.

It was wonderful to review all of the excursions throughout the voyage with friends at dinner and exchange some personal information to stay in touch. The highlight for the evening was certainly the Wave Revue production of "Welcome to Our World" in the 42nd Street Theatre. It was a fantastic mélange of culture and music from various countries. Captain Grønhaug also made a farewell address just before the show, which was very nice. In the Top Hat Lounge, the show band "Atlantis" performed one last time, even though the ship began to clear very quickly with guests bringing their luggage out into the cabin corridors. This is always the sure sign that the voyage is just about at its end. I made the most of my time with friends on board and stayed up nearly all night long. I figured that I could just sleep extra in my over night in Barcelona.

Day Thirteen – Disembarkation Day / Barcelona / Conclusion

I woke up this morning quite early and really didn't feel as if I slept much, as I hadn't! I caught the last few moments of breakfast in the Windjammer Café and then had a bit of rest in the Solarium as I waited for my luggage tag colour to be called. The disembarkation process was very smooth and it went much better than the processes I have seen closer to home! A friend of mine from the staff and I decided to spend the day in Barcelona together, so we walked off at nearly the same time and proceeded to find transportation into the city. I highly recommend having pre-arranged transportation as I thought that I would "easily" find a taxi into the city, but there was an enormous line and it took us well over an hour to get one. Once we did get a taxi, it took about twenty minutes to get where I was staying – at the Hilton Barcelona.

Overall, seeing the Mediterranean for the first time on board the Splendour of the Seas was the best way possible and I truly enjoyed this cruise almost more than any other to date. If not for time constraints, I would have surely stayed aboard for the repositioning and/or Baltic/Scandinavia voyages. The Mediterranean itself is breathtaking, and seeing it aboard the Splendour of the Seas was fantastic, indeed. Having been on nearly all of the other ships in the Royal Caribbean family, I rate the Splendour as one of the best for sure. Her interior design and colour scheme are very pleasing to the eye and I truly took a liking to her deck layout and public room design. The entertainment lineup was some of the best that I have seen and from speaking to other guests, many agreed. It was great to meet staff whom I am friends with as well as make new friends on board -- that always adds to the rich experience of sailing by ship. What better way is there to see the world on a beautiful, sleek ship and enjoying time with good friends and company?

Photos courtesy of Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and Steve J. Garrod.


Steve J. Garrod has served on the cruise staffs of both Holland America Line and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line ships, and has written extensively for the SeaLetter. He can be reached via email at: stevegarrod@email.msn.com. You can view wonderful photos of this Splendour cruise through the Mediterranean at his web site at: http://www.geocities.com/~shipcafe.

© 1995-2005 Sealetter Travel Inc
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please
Contact Us