Carnival's Roasted Pumpkin Soup
When I was unable to locate in the Carnival Cookbook a favorite dish served in
the dining room of the Sensation, I approached my waiter, Fortunado, and asked his help in
obtaining this delicious recipe. The next evening he had the recipe ready and
waiting for me as I arrived for dinner.
ROASTED PUMPKIN SOUP
From Michael Wisdom (Sous Chef)
- 2-1/2 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Pound Onion, quarters
- 5-2/3 Ounces Leek, chunks
- 1-1/8 Ounces Garlic Clove
- 3-3/8 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2/3 Cups Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 5/8 Ounce Chicken Base
- 1-1/4 Pounds Pumpkin Puree, roasted
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dash Nutmeg
- Roast onions, leeks and garlic cloves in olive oil in a preheated oven at
300 degrees Farenheit for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove and puree in blender.
- Bring stock, pumpkin puree, pureed vegetables and chicken base to boil.
Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add Half & Half and simmer.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Finish with heavy cream.
- Top with nutmeg.
This recipe serves 15 people.
Debbie Foster was one of our "Cruise Bashers" who fell in love with this soup aboard Carnival's Sensation in September. Debbie can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 1995-2005 Sealetter Travel Inc
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please